To facilitate the community in living in accord with its Vision, Values, and Interpersonal Agreements and in accomplishing its Goals.
Number of Members
4 to 6
Qualifications of Members
Team members must be resident members of Heartwood.
By January 31 of each year, the Steering team solicits at least 2 volunteers for a Nominating task force. By the last day of February, based on community input and their own judgement, the Nominating task force proposes a slate of from 4 to 6 member candidates along with their selection criteria and rationale for the proposed slate. The slate cannot include any members of the Nominating task force. To ensure continuity, ideally at least half of the candidates included on the slate are current members of the Steering team. A member may only serve up to 4 consecutive one year terms. The community decides how many members (4 to 6) will serve on the Steering team and who the members will be. If a member resigns during their term, the community may choose to replace that member or leave the spot vacant.
Responsibility & Authority
Overall responsibility for long term community planning and day to day community embodiment of our Agreements.
Specific Responsibilities and Authorities
Community Goals and Objectives
• Lead the community in establishing community Goals. – Full Authority (community decides on Goals)
• In collaboration with the other teams, establish community Objectives to accomplish community Goals. – Proposal Authority
• Ensure that community Goals and Objectives are met. – Full Authority
Community Topics and Decisions
• Create and dissolve teams. Create their responsibilities and authorities. – Proposal Authority
• Create and dissolve task forces. Create their responsibilities and authorities. – Full Authority
• Allocate responsibilities and authorities amongst teams and task forces. – Full Authority (with agreement from affected teams and task forces)
• Ensure that teams and task forces are fulfilling their responsibilities. – Full Authority
• Spend community money (sign checks) within budget limits. – Full Authority
• Manage community contingency budget. – Full Authority
• Oversight of the Humanitarian Fund (as detailed in the Budget and Assessments Agreement) – Full Authority
Maintain community calendar. – Full Authority
Serve as members of the Heartwood Ranch HOA Board of Directors – Full Authority
Oversee and ensure compliance with Community Work Agreement. -- Full Authority
Create Nominating task force by January 31 of each year. – Full Authority
Coordinate with Mac & Sandy on development of the Outback. – Full Authority
Go Back to
Agreements, Guidelines & Resources
Table of Contents
Go back to Teams Agreement Introduction