Imagine coming home to a neighborhood with a deep sense of community nestled on 361 acres of meadow, pine forest, and pastureland. Imagine living near Durango in Southwest Colorado where the sun shines over 300 days each year and the San Juan Mountains and red rock canyons of the Colorado Plateau are close enough for a day hike. We welcome you to come preview this beautifully constructed, spacious, and much loved home with rear and front covered porches, and a balcony off of the master bedroom. Extensive drought tolerant gardens, fruit trees, perennial garden beds, three bin compost system, raised and enclosed vegetable beds, flagstone patios, and a drip irrigation system await your every gardening interest! The home backs up to forested common land and has direct access to hot tub, shared greenhouse, pastures for horses and livestock, organic farmland and 7+ miles of trails.
Home highlights include:
- 2,600 sq ft passive solar house with 5 bedrooms, study, and den.
- 3 floors, with large light wells for basement rooms.
- Three full bathrooms, and one 3/4 bath.
- All plumbing fixtures updated in 2017.
- New wool carpets installed upstairs and downstairs in 2017.
- Tile on main floor kitchen, living and dining rooms and all bathrooms.
- Aspen ceilings in living room.
- Radiant heat on main floor.
- Hot water baseboard heat upstairs and down.
- New quality paint throughout home.
- Skylight in upper hallway.
- New efficient wood stove in living room.
- Beautiful enclosed rear deck.
- Enclosed smaller lawn garden - great for pets.
- Whole-house fan sucks out all of the hot air in about 10 minutes.
- New ceiling fans in living room, dining room, office, all three upstairs bedrooms, and covered back deck.
- Gas cooking stove and water heater.
- Comes with one carport with closet, shelves and overhead storage.
- Effective radon mitigation completed in 2017.
Owner: Scott Fallows