The purpose of this questionnaire is to help you discover and consider some issues relevant to living in community. By having a better understanding of these issues, hopefully you will be better able to decide if living in Heartwood Cohousing is right for you and you’ll be better prepared to live in community.
This questionnaire must be completed by each adult member of the household and will be used as a basis for your discussion with the Membership Team so please submit it to the team early enough for them to review it before your meeting. It will also be a way for other Members to get to know you better.
The job of the team is not to decide if you’ve given “correct” answers, but rather to determine if you’ve addressed the issues of living in community and to help you do so.
1) What experiences have you had in any type of community settings?
2) How have those experiences influenced your interest in Heartwood Cohousing?
3) What are your fears or concerns about living in Heartwood Cohousing?
4) What are you most looking forward to about Heartwood Cohousing? What benefits do you hope to realize by living here?
5) What do you have to offer Heartwood Cohousing?
6) What will be your greatest personal growth challenges of living in community?
7) What is your response to our Vision and Values agreement and our Interpersonal Agreements?
8) Participation in community activities and work are important both for community vitality and for your integration into the community. In what ways can you imagine yourself participating?
9) Bayfield offers some services; however, many job opportunities, kids’ activities, and other ‘city amenities’ require going to Durango (about a half hour drive). How would you imagine the rural setting at Heartwood will impact your life?
To submit this questionnaire to the Membership team, please email it to your Membership Buddy, your Heartwood Host, or your contact on the Membership Team.